Now Offering Peptides
What Are Peptides?
Peptides are small chains of amino acids, smaller than that of proteins that are found in any part of the body. We have over 7,000 naturally occurring peptides that are the signaling and messaging agents that assist in overall cellular functioning throughout the body. These short chain messengers convey directions for bodily activity, such as cell migration, regulating protein, angiogenesis and many physiological functions that impact immunity, reproduction, growth, and emotional health. As we age, our natural levels of some key peptides declines. Peptides are on the cutting edge of a newly emerging science of anti-aging and restorative medicine.
What Are The Benefits of Peptides?
Peptides are naturally occurring in our bodies, and are a preferable treatment for many conditions, due to their low incidence of serious side effects and the natural effects on the body. As we age, our cells become less efficient at doing a lot of things and lower levels of key peptides are responsible for many of the effects of aging.
Types of Peptides
DSIP or Deep (Delta Wave) Sleep Inducing Peptide
Facts About Sleep:
A consistent amount of sleep, including REM and deep sleep (stage 4), is an important predictor of overall immunity and cellular recovery. In order to use DSIP effectively, it is important to keep the sleep cycle in mind. There are 5 sleep cycle stages: 1,2,3,4, and REM (rapid eye movement) sleep.
Stages 3 & 4 are referred to as deep sleep, slow-wave sleep or delta sleep.
Slow-Wave Sleep Disruptors:
- Sleep Deprivation
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
- Depression & Anxiety
- OCD and ADHD
Delta waves have been shown to decrease across the lifespan. When a person reaches 75 years of age, stage 4 and delta waves may be absent.
- Restores disrupted sleep
- Stimulates the release of luteinizing hormone (LH)
- Can increase testosterone levels because it stimulates the release of LH
- Aids in soothing chronic pain
- Has an antihypertensive effect
- Assists in alcohol and opioid withdrawal
- Increases GHRH secretion
- Releases thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) because of being in slow wave sleep phase (SWS)
TA-1, TB4, BPC-157 & Epithalon Immunity Supporting Peptides
TA-1: Thymosin alpha 1
Thymosin alpha 1 is a peptide naturally occurring in the thymus that has long been recognized for modifying, enhancing, and restoring immune function. It has various clinical applications, such as in infectious diseases, malignancies and immunocompromised states.
TA-1 acts as like a multitasking peptide that can restore overall immune system homeostasis. It is currently being used to treat Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, Lyme disease, and a multitude of autoimmune diseases, as an adjunct cancer therapy, and as a prophylactic to treatment against viral infections, such as COVID-19.
Benefits of TA-1:
- Immune enhancing peptide
- Reduces inflammation in the body
- Improves symptoms associated with chronic fatigue & Fibromyalgia
- Helps prevent viral infections such as the common cold and flu
- Has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties
- Inhibits viral replication
- Supports the irradiation of unhealthy cells (including cancer growth)
- Protects cells against oxidative stress and damage associated with aging
- Adjunct therapy of Hepatitis B and C
- Autoimmune diseases
- Adjunct therapy for cancers & chemotherapy
- Food allergies or sensitivities
- Chronic infections, including Lyme, viruses, Candida, and many parasites
- Vaccine adjuvant
- Helps with oxidative damage from pancreatic lesions causing diabetes
Thymosin beta 4 (TB4) promotes healing throughout the body. Found naturally in higher concentrations at injury sites, this water-soluble peptide can repair tissue damage and regulate cell migration to a site. Its mechanism of action is regulation of the cell building protein, actin. Athletes may use it to speed healing and can also benefit from enhanced muscle growth, tone, and stamina. However, this peptide has many other benefits.
- A potent anti-inflammatory
- Reactivates progenitor cells to repair damaged tissue
- Promotes rapid wound healing
- Enhances collagen deposition
- Reduces acute/chronic pain
- Protects and restores neurons post traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Promotes hair growth
- Is used with TA1 as a neuroprotective
- When used with BPC 157, can help patients diagnosed with TBI/concussions
- Has been proven to lessen symptoms of dry eye
Modes of action:
- Upregulates cell-building proteins such as actin, a protein that, along with myosin in muscle cells, forms the contractile filaments
- Upregulation of actin allows TB4 to promote healing, cell growth, cell migration and cell proliferation.
- Due to its low molecular weight, TB4 is able to “hone in” and “travel” to the site of injury.
BPC 157 (Body Protection Compound 157) discovered in and isolated from human gastric juice, has been shown to accelerate wound healing, including tendon-to-bone and ligament damage. In addition, BPC 157 seems to protect organs and to prevent ulcers of the stomach. This is one of the few peptides that can be taken orally for gut healing or convenience. Subcutaneously for systemic healing.
Benefits & Applications:
- Helps improve gastric mucosal integrity
- Decreases gastric side effects of NSAIDS and alcohol
Helps heal tissues:
- Accelerates wound healing (burns)
- Repair ligament and tendon-to-bone damage
- Relief from discomfort of sprains, tears, and other types of injury
- Reduce injury recovery times
- Decrease inflammation
- Faster recovery from workouts
- Increase in muscle mass and muscle mass building
- Influences serotonergic, dopaminergic, opioid & GABAergic systems
- Improves nerve regeneration
- Decreases neuroinflammation
- May help with depression
- Ameliorates alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- May help regulate blood pressure
Epithalon is considered the “fountain of youth” peptide because it literally reverses the aging process in our cells by lengthening telomeres. Epithalon regulates the cell cycle through up-regulation of telomerase activity. The shortening of telomeres is fundamentally involved in the aging process. Telomerase, is an enzyme responsible for replicating DNA so that the body can repair damaged cells and create new ones. By activating the telomerase genes, epithalon improves the cells ability to go through multiple cell divisions, something that declines with aging. By extending the lifespan of the cell, it gives the entire body an extension of life.
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Bioregulator of the endocrine system
- Lengthens telomeres
- Decelerates aging
- Normalizes melatonin levels
- Improves cortisol secretion consistent with circadian rhythm
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Suppresses tumor development
- Several studies in animals have shown longevity benefits (extending the lifespan by 11-16%).
- A limited study of 24 patients taking Thymalin + Epithalamin applied for 6 years decreased mortality rates in 80yr.olds from 80% to 20%.
- 10mg IM daily for 10 days every year for 2 years
Weight Management Peptides
CJC-1295 / Ipamorelin
After the age of 20-30 Human growth hormone (HGH) levels decline14-15% every 10 years; by the age of 60 HGH is usually less than half what it was at 25.
When properly stimulated, the pituitary gland has the ability to release as much HGH as it did during it’s 20’s; it’s ability to produce hormone does not decline. On the other hand, the hypothalamus which stimulates HGH levels to begin with, becomes less responsive to the body’s requests for GH as we age. In fact, it also secretes Somatostatin which suppresses HGH and other hormones, causing aging.
CJC/Ipamorelin is a combination of 2 peptides that increase the production of Growth Hormone and stimulate the release of Growth Hormone.
CJC-1295 works by increasing protein synthesis of insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) levels. This allows muscle tissue to grow.
Ipamorelin helps excrete hormones into the bloodstream while stimulating their production. It is associated with improved cognitive skills, memory, pain relief, and internal body regulation as well as muscle growth and development.
- Increase in Muscle Mass
- Fat Loss
- Increase Bone Density
- Improves Sleep Quality
- Improves Mental Clarity
- Improves Skin Elasticity (Collagen production)
- Body Composition Changes
- Increased Strength & Endurance
- Improved Immune Function
- Improved energy & Vitality
Tesamorelin binds to the growth hormone-releasing hormone receptors (GHRHr) located in the anterior pituitary gland. This binding stimulates the somatotrophic cells in the anterior pituitary to synthesize and secrete growth hormone. Growth hormone acts primarily on adipocytes (fat cells),hepatocytes (liver cells),myocytes (muscle cells), and osteoblasts (bone cells). As tesamorelin triggers the release of growth hormone (GH) naturally, it maintains homeostatic coordination between the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. So serum GH levels don’t overshoot.
- Increase in muscle mass
- Decrease overall fat and visceral fat
- Improved body composition; reducing truck fat, waist circumference, and waist-to-hip ratio
- Improves cholesterol (high TG and low HDL)
- Potential improved cardiovascular health
- Influences bone density
- Reduces systemic inflammation
- Improved cognitive capacities of individuals over the age of 60
Tesamorelin reduces the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides by carrying out the process of lipolysis. It is also seen to reduce the size of the carotid-intima media size. Hence, reducing the progression of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
Tesamorelin lowers the level of myo-inositol (MI), an osmolyte that triggers the early onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
How it works:
- Delays stomach emptying. Leads to a feeling of fullness with smaller meal sizes.
- Slows intestinal motility
- Suppresses appetite
- Lowers blood sugars, partly by reducing the production of sugar in the liver.
- Stimulates insulin secretion by the pancreas.
So you eat less often, get fuller faster and it tends to decrease craving for sugars and carbs!
Studies have shown patients to lose up to 15% of their body weight with Semaglutide injections once weekly.
Semaglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor antagonist (GLP-1RA). It works by helping the pancreas to release the right amount of insulin when blood sugar levels are too high. Insulin helps move sugar from the blood into other body tissues where it is used for energy.
Dosing of Semaglutide is initially started at .25mg weekly, and titrated upward to a maximum dosage of 2.4mg a week if necessary.
Semaglutide can be taken for as long as needed to achieve your desired results.
AOD 9604,labeled as the “anti-obesity drug”, is a fragment of growth hormone (GH) polypeptide that has been shown to have lipid-reducing effects, similar to but more effective than GH. AOD 9604 can regulate fat metabolism by stimulating lipolysis (the breakdown or destruction of fat) and inhibits lipogenesis (the transformation of nonfat food materials into body fat).
This peptide is valued for the fact that it has limited effects beyond fat burning. It does not appear to affect IGF-1 levels or insulin levels and is not a risk factor in promoting glucose intolerance or diabetes.
AOD9604 was originally developed as an analogue of HGH with the expressed purpose of fighting fat. The results of clinical trials testing the drug in obese individuals, with once daily dosing of the peptide for 12 weeks showed that the drug tripled weight loss when compared to placebo and that the rate of weight loss remained steady during the trial.
Studies also showed as much as a 50% reduction in weight gain over just three weeks of administration.
- Reduces body fat
- Increases calorie burn
- Triggers fat release
- Boosts metabolism
- Prevents non-fatty fods from turning into body fat
- Doesn’t increase your appetite
- No negative effects on blood sugar levels or tissue growth
- May help with bone and cartilage repair when paired with BPC 157
MOTS-c is a short peptide encoded in the mitochondrial genome. It promotes metabolic homeostasis and longevity. MOTS-c is known to regulate metabolic functions throughout the body, including turning glucose into usable energy. It has endocrine-like effects on muscle metabolism, insulin sensitivity and weight regulation. Coined the “exercise mimetic”, as skeletal muscle is the main target organ. Also plays a role is other disease processes such as osteoporosis.
Benefits over time:
- Body fat reduction by boosting mitochondrial function
- Stimulates glucose utilization
- Increased energy
- Improved exercise capacity
- Decreases insulin resistance
- Activates AMPK
- Increase performance in athletes
- Increases GLUT-4 uptake in muscle
- Improves weight loss
- Reduced fat accumulation as a result of robust carbohydrate usage that reduces fatty acid synthesis and increased fatty acid oxidation
Initially, 5mg, Sub Q, three times a week (M,W,F) schedule for 4-6 weeks. Follow this with a weekly dose of 5mg for 4 weeks. Can be cycled with other peptides, typically in cycles of 2-3 months.
5-Amino-1MQ functions to block the activity of an enzyme called nicotinamide N -methyltransferase (NNMT). This pathway opens up when we become insulin resistant, inflamed, and it also opens up with fat cells. By putting on fat its sending a signal to your body that’s pro-inflammatory and it slows down your whole metabolic function. Your fat cells are most metabolically inactive when they are “white”. We want “brown” fat (more metabolically active). By inhibiting the NNMT pathway, it can increase the metabolism of fat cells and decrease the size of white cell deposit. Treating the root cause of obesity and going right into the fat cell and changing the entire chemistry.
- Progressive weight loss independent of diet
- Decrease in size of fat cells
- Significant results in as little as 11 days
- 35% decrease in white adipose tissue
- Decreased ability of storage of fat (decreased by 70%)
- Decreases cholesterol
- Increases effectiveness in NAD (long lasting increases in NAD further activating SIRT longevity genes)
- Activates satellite cells in the healing of muscles
- 2X increase in muscle after damage (better healing from work outs)
- 70% long term increase in contractile force
This means that 5-Amino-1MQ allows your body to burn fat for energy while maintaining muscle mass.
Furthermore, the activation of SIRT by increase in NAD+ suggests that it is a good option for patients looking to develop a comprehensive anti-aging protocol.
Hair & Skin
Copper peptides are naturally occuring peptides that are found in the human plasma that promotes antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects that can tighten loose skin and reverse thinning of aging skin and improve skin firmness, elasticity and clarity.
Also used to increase hair growth & thickness and enlarge hair follicle size.
Used to regenerate hair loss as a resuly of androgenic hair alopecia. Zinc and Thymulin are found to promote hair growth and the quality of hair and works alongside hair restoration procedures.
PT-141 is an FDA approved treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in women. It has also been studied in its role for treating erectile dysfunction (ED) and other forms of sexual dysfunction.
Following subcutaneous injection of PT-141, maximal levels occur after about one hour, with a range or 30-60 minutes.
- Potential treatment of ED
- Treatment of HSDD in premenopausal women
- General sexual dysfunction treatment
Applications in decreased sexual motivation and loss of libido.
Potential side effects:
(usually associated with high dosing)
- Nausea with first injection
Should not be used if :
- Pregnant or suspected of being pregnant
- Suffering from cardiovascular disease
- Diagnosed with uncontrolled blood pressure
- Once a day , approx.. 45 min prior to sexual activity
- Maximum of 8 times per month
Numerous clinical studies have shown that Selank has strong antianxiety and neuroprotective effects in the treatment of anxiety.
The clinical effects of Selank are similar to those of the classical antianxiety medications such as benzodiazepines, which are modulators of GABAA receptors and the inhibitory action of GABA.
- Can be used as antidepressant & anxiolytic
- Can be used to treat general anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Improves Sleep balance
- Improve mood
- Lower stress levels
- Can help regulate inflammation
- Helps accelerate gastric ulcer healing
- Positive influence on memory and learning
- Not habit forming
- Does not lead to symptoms of withdrawal or amnesia
- Can potentially replace stimulants, tranquilizers and antidepressants
Research in patients with depression indicates that Selank can suppress the gene responsible for the production of inflammatory cytokine IL-6. This suggests that Selank can affect symptoms like fatigue and pain, due to its ability to modulate IL-6 expression, while partly due to the peptide’s ability to alter the rate of breakdown of the body’s natural pain killers, enkephalins.
Semax counteracts the inhibition of learning and memory induced by heavy metals; it counteracts neurotoxic effects; and it inhibits neurodegeneration that is caused by dopamine oxidation.
Overall, Semax is a neuroprotective and contributes to mitochondrial stability under stress induced by the deregulation of calcium ion flow.
- Activates dopaminergic and serotonergic stems
- Can work as an antidepressant and anxiolytic
- Attenuates chronic stress effects
- May be used to treat strokes and transient ischemic attacks (TIA)
- Used to help with memory and cognitive disorders
- Boosts immune system
- Helps treat peptic ulcers
- Supports the optic nerve
Studies have shown that Semax promotes the survival of the neurons during hypoxia and glutamate toxicity, increases the mobility of immune cells, and enhances the expression of chemokine and immunoglobulin genes.
In a recent study, Semax influenced the expression of genes that promote the formation and the functioning of the vascular system.